Ruby / Ruby on Rails developer
Codica team is looking for a skilled Ruby on Rails Engineer with at least 2 years of commercial experience to work on complex web solutions from scratch - custom online marketplaces and SaaS products.
We have a strong team of developers who will always support and help you get involved quickly. From the very first day, our new colleagues work on commercial projects with the support of an experienced mentor. No bench and "training" projects. Only constant feedback and help!
How we work:
- We choose the most promising projects among customer requests on our website.
- We work directly with our customers, helping them to design and develop their products from scratch.
- All projects start off with Discovery Session, when we clarify the requirements of the client as accurately as possible, prepare specifications and prototypes.
- We provide a full development cycle.
- DevOps culture: we always use AWS from the start of each project and automate CI/CD.
- We refuse boring projects and toxic clients.
- Not outstaffing.
- We work remotely.
Our tech stack:
For all branches, we use GitLab CI/CD, through which we check the code for style guides (Rubocop) and vulnerabilities (Brakeman), and we use Dunler audit to find libraries that need updating.
All functionality is covered by tests. We use RSpec. Tests are also run on CI/CD. All projects are Dockerized. It helps to avoid installing any additional packages for each project. All our infrastructure is located on AWS. The deployment also occurs via GitLab CI/CD.
- Good knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails from 2 years
- Experience in working with PostgreSQL (database design and optimization)
- Experience working with ElasticSearch (desirable)
- Experience with AWS is desirable (general idea of services)
- Experience with Docker is desirable
- Experience in writing automated tests
- Written English enough for correspondence with the customer.
- Product Oriented Mindset - understanding the concept of holistic product development
- Participation in the planning of technical architecture, its testing, and informed decision-making, taking into account the objectives of the project
- Active interaction within the cross-functional team
- Experience in managing small teams within the project
- Managing the development of your project site
- Experience with complex codebases
- Writing quality and supported code
- Participation in the Pull Requests Review Independence and responsibility
What we offer:
- Personal review once in every 6 months, where we discuss your career and financial prospects
- We constantly switch between projects and do not stand still
- We use a clear stack of technologies, allowing to enhance the skills
- We actively promote the culture of writing code and always do Code Review
- We always support and help each other