Accommodation Search Website MVP for AIRXPC
Learn how Codica helped AIRXPC quickly build an MVP of accommodation search website for expats.
Services:UX/UI design, Front-end, Back-end, MVP
Team:4 Software Developers, 1 UX/UI Designer, 1 Project manager, 1 QA Engineer
Core Technologies:React, Redux, ANTdesign / Semantic, CSS animations
The AIRXPC project is a world-first service for finding long-term accommodation. The company helps people who move to Australia to take up employment find a residence quickly.
AIRXPC set out to simplify the relocation process by assisting people in search of the most relevant neighborhood and then the best accommodation.
- Build a minimum viable product of an accommodation-picking platform in a short time frame.
- Create a fast-loading platform to find the most suitable accommodation that meets specific requirements.
- Find the most convenient way to collect search criteria from users to offer them suitable accommodation.
- Our team delivered a working MVP solution that our client could present to early investors, without spending too much time and money on web development.
- The platform enables expats to quickly find the most relevant accommodation options with the help of the search wizard, and further download the results as a PDF file.
- To ensure high website performance, we used Firebase for authentication and storing users’ data, thus avoiding numerous API requests.
Complex accommodation search system
When users put in their criteria, the application displays a local map with relevant and available settlement options. Users can dynamically change available filters to narrow the accommodation search or see the most efficient way from home to work.
UX and UI
We used Semantic UI to build a visually-appealing UI design according to the company's identity. Thanks to the intuitive user flow, the interface is convenient and easy-to-use, which boosts user experience.
Google Maps Integration
Customers see custom styled pop-ups for accommodation options on the local map in real-time mode. The windows display the main lodging description with several images, address, the price per week, and included house facilities.
Search wizard allows users to specify all their preferences in a quiz with animation effects. When the wizard is submitted, expats will see the most relevant accommodation offers. Users can further download PDF reports which contain specified attributes, relevant neighbourhoods, and available residences.
Google Distance Matrix API
One of the great features of this solution is that expats can see the most accurate routes from a selected house to a specific destination point, with distance and duration indicators. To build this functionality, we used Google Distance Matrix API. To ensure its fast work, we used Firebase to store and cache the preferences. It helps avoid making tons of API requests each time users change attributes.
Attribute ranking algorithm
Our team built an attribute ranking algorithm that allows us to dynamically generate the most suitable lodging for users based on the specified attributes. This mechanism helps narrow the search and offer the most accurate and needed option.
React Google maps
Maps JS API
Distance Matrix API
“It was a real pleasure to work on such an interesting project as XPC. On the technical side, it was great to work with Firebase, Google Maps Directions and Distance Matrix APIs and deepen our expertise.
Our team was truly inspired by the concept we were bringing into reality. And for me, that’s the beauty of software development - creating powerful solutions to the real problems that people encounter. It was a really valuable experience for our team.”
React Developer at Codica
Let’s build a great custom product together
- 1. We will contact you within 1 business day to discuss the next steps.
- 2. In the meantime, you can check our Case Studies and our Blog.
- 3. We will sign the NDA if required, and start the project discussion.
- 4. Our custom software development experts will analyze your requirements and suggest the best ways to bring your idea to life.