Enhanced finance analytics platform for
Professional financial analytics
Analist is a Dutch company providing complete information about European and US financial markets. Suggesting free overviews on reputable banks stocks and tips how to manage them, Analist is a reliable guide to the world of stock exchanges.
When Analist came to us, they had a simple information website operating in Netherland and Belgium. They wanted to transform it into a publishing platform for many countries. Besides, they needed the subscription-based “Pro Section” leading investors to right decisions.
We analyzed the old website’s architecture and found that it was much better to deliver a new one from scratch. The main issue was PHP code written without any framework, which is a huge pain for many aged PHP-based websites.
We decided to use Ruby on Rails that exactly matched our task.
So the product backlog had the following epics:
- Conversion of old PHP/MySQL-based website
- A multi-domain publishing platform
- An advanced web-presence
- A high-powered “Pro Section”
“We cooperate for many years with Codica and are very happy that we can let all our IT projects being developed by them, including our main product Analist.
We've been working closely with the dev team, and this is the key to the successful launching of our project.
These guys are up-to-date with the latest technology, and they know what they are doing, delivering quality code.”
Our team evaluated the backlog and started working on the robust solution for Analist.
Application and database migration was the first step, but not an easy one. For example, we only left about 65 tables from the initial 93. The old database had a lot of duplications, and we solved all conflicts.
We took the following steps:
- Reverse engineering of the old website’s core logic and database
- Writing a mini-specification for the preceding paragraph
- Migrating MySQL database to PostgreSQL carefully reducing the data to avoid any duplicates
- Delivering new Ruby on Rails solution
Multi-domain web platform
Using provided solution, Analist created 9 websites, and the most valuable of them are:
Features of the solution are:
- Multiple domains support
- Fully localized, including URL names
- Customized design and functionality
The homepage reflects the most recent data on all the sectors of the financial market, including brief stock information.
The Rates section shows up-to-date fluctuations at the stock market and numerous filter options help find the required data.
Stock filter helps find a set of stock by defined criterias.
We created News section to inform visitors of the recent events in the financial world.
Reports page displays annual incomes, outcomes and returns of any particular public company.
We enforced the solution with many additional features covering all the financial market segments.
We integrated a full Admin board, which allows managing data independently, without engaging the additional team.
Login and registration
Given this section with more extended data, it requires registration. For customers to choose, we integrated PayPal and Robobank payment systems.
Pro Section member area
The expanded information here helps financial analysts make right decisions on the financial market.
We paid special attention to the high capacity of the website. To ensure the smooth operation, we tuned up the response servers and implemented Advanced caching strategy. It resulted in a reduction of a significant typical server response to 100-150 ms.
Ruby on Rails
Rabobank payment API
The outcome succeeded all the expectations. Analist team witnessed the platform attendance growth. Moreover, website visitors have noticed its improved usability, clarity and enhanced information content.
What’s the outcome?
- Rapid SaaS solution with paid-up membership delivered
- Typical server response decreased to 100-150 ms
- Continuously updated and easy-to-use website
- Powerful CMS and Admin area integrated
- Works for both beginners and major players of the financial market
We collaborate with Analist team on an ongoing basis, supporting the delivered solution and helping grow and prosper.
Let’s build a great custom product together
- 1. We will contact you within 1 business day to discuss the next steps.
- 2. In the meantime, you can check our Case Studies and our Blog.
- 3. We will sign the NDA if required, and start the project discussion.
- 4. Our custom software development experts will analyze your requirements and suggest the best ways to bring your idea to life.
This marketplace was initially designed, developed and optimized with focus on mobile experience.
The platform links buyers, private sellers and dealers of vehicles in more than 30 African countries.
iExpedition is an online platform providing Arctic and Antarctic cruises.
It introduces a booking system with advanced filter capabilities.
A powerful CMS simplifies the management of the portal.